Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday 2013


First- I read my post from yesterday- it's late here folks, I am working off my iPhone and if blogger doesn't auto correct (or does incorrectly) I am probably going to miss it... Sorry! I will translate later! 

Monday- 
I have to tell ya, I am lovin' life right now! Woke up this morning to tour Lusaka, Zambia. There are some super fancy parts of this city and there are some big hot messes! Our Embassy here is ridiculously large and on pretty high ground, The President of Zambia lives in a beautiful brick home on a lovely street, there are still 1 child out of every 6 people that are orphans, millions of people are living in extreme poverty, Family Legacy is making an impact and some (not all of) some of the "least of these" are getting a fighting chance at life in Zambia Africa.

We stopped in at Garden (one of many slums of Lusaka) to the nearly renovated school. It was once a bar, now it houses the school for all of the Lifeway Christian Academy students of Garden. 
These kids are so proud! They were also so well behaved and quiet! Grinning from ear to ear to show off there new school! 

They have a program called "One Way" the kids recite this together.
It is adorable! They are so sweet, so appreciative and respectful of this opportunity- it was heart warming to see them in school and so happy! It's a privilege, not a right. It is an opportunity, not a chore. It is a beautiful feeling to see kids so eager to learn! 

After the tour it was off to camp- I have ten boys waiting for me and I want to see my kids!!! I was expecting 5 of my six from last year. I only have 3. One of my boys, Taurai, is attending ( a government school) so he could not get out of class to attended camp. The other two I am tryin to figure out their stays. 

So, there are three, here is the good news, they are attending school! There is a new attendance program in place and if you don't show up 80% of the time, you don't go to camp! Hallelujah they go to school!!! 

I have added 7 boys- that means I will need to add 7 sponsors, so get ready- the begging starts now! ;-)

It is late, I have an early morning so I am going to make the intro quick! They are a big bunch of total boy mess! This is going to be so much fun! They have extreme energy, and a lot to say! Highlights: there is a pastor amongst us, Steven, is a preaching, God loving kid that wants the world to know (he also break dances ((there will be a dance off by week end)), Rodrick is the tallest, and speaks great English, but claims to not be at school, lil Richard is a dancer and sings a lot, Haggai and Harrison are quiet and I can't wait for some one on one to figure them out, Richard is sweet and still trying to understand what camp is all about. Silios is stand offish, but I am determined to crack that shell. Kennedy, Chola, and Isaiac are back, we have some catching up to do and I will keep you posted on how that goes. Their English is getting along really well, we are having conversations in English!!! 

Can you pray for these kids for me? I am prepared as I can be to start our one on one blessing time tomorrow- I am afraid I might get some scary truths, so pray for me to have the wisdom and where with all to handle whatever gets tossed my way, of the boys health and safety and that I can come home and find each of them a sponsor. 
Only 8 in the pic bc this is sort of like herding minnows... Did I say big hot bundle of energy? 

I am out- exhausted, looking forward to a great day tomorrow, hopefully my blogging skills get better, today was overwhelming and I need rest...
Keep in touch!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment