Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Father's Heart: take 1

Father's Heart is part of the trip where you visit your kids home. I had planned a father's Heart trip for each of my 6 boys from last year. 

I was going to deliver enough food to feed a family for a month. It is one large garbage bag of meat: whole chicken, dried fish, sausage, and meat pies. Another large garbage bag containing: flour, eggs, cooking oil, bread, etc. and the third large garbage bag containing: soap, detergent, cleaning supplies, etc. ad well as a fifty pound bag if mealie meal (like grits/a staple to their diet) and a crate if eggs. 

I also had gifts for each child. I had been collecting things for 9 months, sponsors had brought me gifts for their boys, my mom had made blankets for our kids, it was a blessing! Everyone had a backpack with school supplies, toys, balls, and new clothes, pillows, blankets, deodorant, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, and candy(to balance it all out)! 

These gifts were a hit- I think... I honestly think I overwhelmed them, pretty sure they had never received brand new things, or that many at one time! They all just looked at me like they were in complete shock and awe... Maybe I should tone it down next year, but I can't help myself, I want my precious children to have it all! I want them to be blessed beyond belief! 



No comments:

Post a Comment