Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 6, 2013

Landed in Zambia at 6:30, one hundred  ten other Americans arrived with me and we are in a mission! 


After coordinating all the bags, 330 checked bags and 220 carry ons later, we boarded busses and headed to our village. This year we are staying at a hotel, its called the Chamba Valley Exotic Hotel... If by exotic we are talking about the 3 spiders (that are no longer with us), the one spider huddled up in the corner, and the other spider that almost held me hostage in the shower then made me want to possibly burn my backpack because he was heading towards my bag ( I talked him out of it- thank The Lord)! So let's just say, not so exotic by my standards, but not bad by mission trip standards! 

We unloaded our bags, and immediately headed off to help Erin with her Father's Heart food drops. We dropped food for 7 of her darling boys from last years camp. They were so joyful to be receiving so may blessings! 

I got a little blessing along the way, I met up with one of our sponsor children, Chola! Big hugs, tears and excitement! What a sufferance a year makes!! He has def grown and his English was fantastic! He is still very sensitive and super protective of me (didn't like te other kiddos getting too much attention)! 
I love this kid! Running around bare footed, with shorts an a t shirt (it's winter here folks, but it didn't seem to phase him. He looks healthy and we will have one more glorious week of camp together starting Monday! 

We wrapped up Erin's food drops around 1:00, headed for food and then began  unpacking our stuff back at the hotel. 4:00, we headed up to the legacy center to have an orientation meeting and dinner. Got home late, unpacked the final bags and heading to bed at 11:00. 

Keep in mind, still posting from my phone, and late at night, so forgive the spelling and grammar! 

Keep in touch! 

1 comment:

  1. Your dad just showed me your blog and it is GREAT!!! If its okay with you I will continue to follow and read about your mission. This is such a wonderful gift you are giving to the world. Thanks Amiee....Amy Conner

    ReplyDelete