Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday: Camp Life

Okay, I am a day late- I have to be honest, I was going to give up on blogging, I got discouraged, I was down, but it's all silly, and not why I am here!

I am going to skip right over that negative junk and tell you about the positive- and it is POSITIVE! First off... my boys rock the HOUSE! They are adorable! Older than I thought they would be, and way more awesome than I could have imagined! This could take a while, and it is 10 p.m. here and if I intend on keeping up with these kids tomorrow, I am going to have to give you the highlights now and the details later! I have 6 boys, 9-11. They line up short to tall, so that is how I will introduce you to them!

First up- Kennedy
He is tiny! Says he is 9, but he doesn't know when his birthday is, and I am guessing he is probably closer to 7, but none the less, he says with confidence that he is 9! He is soft spoken, but not shy, he is SO attentive, when we sing and dance he tries so hard to concentrate on the moves and words, his smile- beautiful!

Taurai-
Sneaky little guy, he is a 40 year old stuck in a child's body, his mannerisms crack me up! He is a show off, he wants to be the leader of the pack, he jokes and laughs constantly- him alone is like herding a dozen minnows- he keeps me on my toes! When he laughs- it is from his belly, and always slaps his knee for emphasis! His little voice is raspy and kind of deep for his size.

Robert- he joined us today, he missed the bus on Monday. Quiet Robert, he understands the most English, but he has a heck of a time speaking it, but boy does he try! He is sweet, pretty laid back, watches the bigger boys, but not with envy, just very interested. He joins in after a little evaluation, very careful.

Isaiac
Where do I begin... He is my sweetie! His smile- when he puts it on, is a mile wide! His eyes smile! It is cute! He is respectful, very polite, and super sweet! He is not the leader of the pack, but not a follower. He likes to show off, but he doesn't try to be the center of attention all the time. He includes me, in all of their games!

Rabbi-
Still figuring this one out! He is sweet, but a little mischievous! I think he probably gets into trouble for not listening! He is affectionate, and strong!

Chola-
Helper, guide, leader, athletic, goofy! This kid, he is a handful! He always wants the camera, picture, look, picture, look... He would do it all day! He says one word in English- a lot- camera... He has figured out how to work my phone camera and digital camera! He is helpful, always wants to carry my backpack, which is awesome, because it is heavy!

Those are my boys- they are so smart! They all know the evangicube, which I will explain another day, they have all learned the lessons from the first two days of camp and even some English! I love them, whole heartedly, they are all so special! I will do a blog on each boy on my way home. But right now, I need sleep- BIG day tomorrow! Keep in touch- xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I want to meet these boys. Kennedy sounds amazing. I always told folks I was at least 2 years older when I was young too. Now I try to get away with saying I 2 years younger.

    Love reading your blog. Don't give up on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each morning, I look forward to seeing what you have written. Your writing is so wonderful and whatever may have happened, you are right to stick with the positive. It almost seems as if the time you have there is not enough! Look forward to more stories on the blog and when I see you! Take care,Christie

    ReplyDelete