Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 1

Whoa! We made it! I am exhausted! After an easy landing and entry through Zambian customs (got my first visa sticker in my passport!!!) we loaded up all of our bags, about 30 others have met us, so there are tons of bags! We headed to breakfast at a local restaurant, then to the grocery and in to our temporary housing villa! This place is insanely fancy and I know not a true representation of what I will see tomorrow. I am seriously laying in the most comfy bed ever and excited about another hot shower! We are going to take naps, everyone is running on low fuel!

Up and ready to go, the "head operations man" for Family Legacy is having the group of us over for dinner, then we head home to sort out bags and get more sleep! It doesn't feel like we have really accomplished anything yet, but honestly, I am so tired and need sleep that I don't know that I could be productive right now!

Dinner was good! The American staff that lives here in Zambia has a nice little "compound" several houses next to each other, everyone is very nice! I am SO excited to see what they are doing here! We unpacked all of out gifts for the sponsor children, packed up their bags and are ready to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment