Monday, June 18, 2012

Hello Texas!

After 36 hours of either going to an airport, being in an airport, being in a plane, riding a bus, or waiting in a line to enter the airport, to go through security, get through customs etc, I am finally home! HOORAY! Here is the deal, I didn't want to leave Zambia because of my sweet boys, however, I was missing my family (and my bed, chips & queso, water from the faucet, HOT water, shaving my legs...) so I did want to be home. What I didn't want was the 36 hour travel time. BUT just so we are clear, it was well worth it there and back, the rewards on each side were full of love and happiness. I would (WILL) do it all again for the rewards of each!

I got in yesterday, Matt picked up the three of us at the airport. Trish drove back to Waco, Erin had a short layover in Houston before flying back to Tyler, it was just enough time for a hot shower before we took her back to the airport. We were exhausted, but I found the energy to have a "welcome home Mexican dinner" with Matt. He asked me if it tasted as good as I thought it would... it tasted better than that and a little more! As soon as I laid my head on the pillow, I was out! Unfortunately, I was awake at 3:30 a.m., the 7 hour time difference is brutal!

Thank you all for checking in on my blog, I am going to continue to fill you all on my day to day ramblings as well as fill in some of the gaps from my trip, so check back!

That being said, compared to the last two weeks, today has been pretty low key! I did have some pictures printed! I am going to start doing some editing and hopefully share them with you all!

Keep in touch, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment