Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday: community day

We started our day in the children's community. My boys are from Chiasa (chi-e-sa) we took off into the compound with a couple brooms, trash bags, evangicube, and the "tickets to heaven". Each of my boys spoke to adults in the compound about Jesus and what steps to take to be a Christian. They were awesome! They literally jumped on every chance to share the word of God! There were several people who dismissed them and did not want to talk, so the boys just moved on, very polite and undefeated. They are so smart and so dedicated! I will blog about this in the future, there are videos to show them at work! After we wrapped up the evangelizing, we volunteered to sweep a few "yards" and pick up the trash.

While we were in Chiasa I met Robert's grandmother, she was really sweet! I also met 2 of Rabbi's sister, Gloria, who followed us all day, will attend camp in week seven. I couldn't get an answer on if the other sister was going to make it to camp, couldn't seem to get her name either! She was really shy- probably had not seen a white person before! They call us mazungas!

We spent the rest of our time cleaning up around the compound, we swept for several families and walked down the market street- future blog about this- it was not my kind of shopping!

Last day of camp tomorrow, I don't want to leave these boys- they have wiggled their adorable little selves deep into my heart! Sweet sweet boys!

On a side note- Africa- has a winter an it is now and it is COLD! They have bad plumbing! AND COLD showers. AND although, my sister in law say otherwise- they have bugs- flying ones and roaches- maybe I only saw one of each, however- it was 1 too many of each! Zambian's are the nicest people you will ever meet, they are just a happy culture, it is so nice to see so many happy people. OH and beds- let me tell you, my sweet boys sleep on the floor, it is 45 degrees outside and they don't have much for blankets and no pillow or mat, just dirt floor. That being said I can not believe I am about to say this, but my mattress is not very comfortable, however, Trish and Erin might as well be sleeping on the floor, I think their bed is made I cement! It is the hardest surface you have ever laid on! Keep in touch- xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment