Thursday, June 6, 2013

One year ago...

Scar, the word has a negative connotation, but if you think about it, a scar is like a badge if honor, it says "something happened right here, it healed and there is a forever reminder". I have a scar on my heart, but it's not a pain, it's a mark from a total explosion of love, laughter, happiness, fear, anticipation, joy, pride and hope! A year ago my heart went BOOM! I met the six most handsome, loving children that have forever scared my heart! 


A year feels like a lifetime, I feel like I have always loved them and known them. I feel like I have worried a lifetime of worries of safety, health, acceptance, progress and confidence. I feel like I have been doing this for a lifetime, and it's only been 365 days. 

A year is a long time, but what this next month ahead of me feels like, is a million years! I am trying so hard to take the lessons learned in our recent meditation class and be present in the moment. There are so many awesome things going on around me and I am so afraid I am skipping right over it all to get back to my sweet boys! I am breathing, although sometimes not slow and mindful, I am taking a breath and trying to keep smelling the roses God is laying out in front of my face TODAY! It is HARD! There are spreadsheets for packing, lists for gifts, so many things to do and I literally want to get on my flight RIGHT NOW and be there. I CAN WAIT, I will wait, because the reward of what greets me in Zambia is worth the wait! 

I can't wait to share my trip with you, but selfishly, I can't wait to see how this year plays out. I should get 5 of my boys back in my camp group (one is in a government school and can't leave for a week). The most exciting thing is, I get to go to all 6 boys homes, bless them with a months worth of food, warm blanket, pillow, soccer ball, toys and lots of love! 

Please pray for our safe travels and findig my boys in good health and happiness. 

Keep in touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment