Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New babies, pirates, giving and Father's Day


Had an exciting weekend visiting family and friends and topped it off with a wonderful afternoon with my dad to celebrate Father's day!

I headed to Dallas to meet the newest addition to our family, baby Harlow. She is precious and sweet and new and we are OH so happy to have a little baby in the family! Getting a new cousin at 30(something) is FUN!



I headed over to my dear friend's house for a little pirate action and good will. 

First off, I have to tell you, this lovely lady trusted me with her boys as their FIRST baby sitter in the USA, which is pretty awesome considering 1) I don't have children of my own 2) she had never even seen me around children and 3) I brought candy... and thank God she did, b/c I fell in love with two of the cutest little boys in the world! SO... that #3, that was my first mistake, luckily the boys didn't know it was candy, so it slipped away into a bag never to be seen again, when I realized they had not been introduced to the sugary sweets yet. THEN  a few months later I mailed a holiday box full of candy and toys and it hasn't stopped and she still says we are friends! Here is where I made the second mistake. Balloons!!!!!  They are fun, festive and all the kids love em,! Well, not all parents love them because apparently ceiling fans and pecan trees love them too, which makes parents not so hip to the craze, so lets just say, I probably won't be giving any more balloons to short humans. On the other hand, I did point out that balloons in a tree is like a birthday tree, and if we can decorate a tree inside for Christmas, why not have helium filled ornaments in the tree outside for your birthday!

Erin is a great mamma and already teaching her beautiful boys the lesson of giving and sharing. Instead of birthday gifts, she ask everyone to make a donation to a charity. This year she chose my kids in Africa and the babies at the Gladney Center. Two wonderful programs and I can't begin to tell you how generous her friends are! I walked out with almost 20 pairs of shoes and there were diapers piled high for the sweet babies at Gladney Center. There is something about having friends who share the love for helping others and joining forces to help the needy, makes my heart feel full and warm. My dear friend, if you are reading this, I think you are an amazing mamma, I love your enthusiasm, and outlook on life! Thank you for keeping me included on your beautiful journey!


Sunday afternoon was spent with my Dad, we had a Mexi food feast while we enjoyed great conversation and fun times with my parents and niece. 

No trip to the folks house is complete without a ride to the river and to check out what Dad has been doing in the river "parks". Dad drove us around while I took some pics in the back seat.


While I was there,  I got to check out the video my Dad is making of his Alaskan cruise, I think I hear Hollywood calling for his production talent now! Before I left, they loaded me up with lots of blessings to give Issaiac in Zambia and I headed home. I am surrounded by giving people, every time I turn around the amazing people in my life are helping others and that is such a sweet feeling to see!

I am so blessed, I have a family that loves me, and I love them. I have friends who share their hearts and kids with me, and I hope to one day do the same. When I carve out the 8 hours a day I spend at my job, and look at the rest of my life, I couldn't ask for more love, happiness and joy.

Keep in touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment