Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey...take THREE

MR and I were supposed to go to "the farm" for a third turkey day celebration, however, Papa S (who NEVER gets sick) came down with something awful, that had been passed (in no particular order) through R, Gigi, SIL, BIL and well, if there were more, they weren't telling!

Side note: last year for Christmas I came home with a bug that had me in bed for days!!! It was a gift that just kept giving (and not in such a holly jolly way...)

So needless to say, MR and I were a little gun shy and decided to stay home.

ONE problem... I was in charge of roasting a turkey for the family! I bought a 20 pound bird, and it was in the brine soaking up some flavor and I was not sure what to do with that much turkey!!!
Look at that purdy bird...

Well, I am lucky enough to be able to call in the troops, my parents, MawMaw, Cathy (plus 13 weeks of a little human), James and Kyla headed over to help us out. I hadn't planned to serve an entire meal, but we made it work with some asparagus, knishes, fresh baked bread and sweet potatoes.
I sent my Dad home with a turkey leg to boot!
 
 

Maw Maw and Kyla giving my boys some Turkey take THREE lovin'

Just kidding! After we "cleaned" the turkey, I wanted to take a pic that looked like the boys had gotten a hold of the bird, they didn't, and I am the only thing that looks funny in this picture!

We were sad not to make it to "the farm". I missed seeing everyone and getting some quality time with the kiddos! Looks like they were having a great time...
Cute R & C hangin' out at the farm.
 
So, Thanksgiving day has come and gone, but I am going to try to keep the spirit and continue to be thankful for all the blessings in my life, they are many and they are big!

Next up... birthday week, it's the dirty 30 + 5 this year... I am going to enjoy the last week of 34! 

 
 
keep in touch...

















No comments:

Post a Comment