Thursday, November 15, 2012

do you pray...



Do you pray? Do you take time to communicate with God?

I do, me and THE Big Dude, we chat! I literally speak to him like he is an old chum sitting shotgun in my car rocking out to the most recent pop hit playing on the radio. Weird? I don't know, it's just what I do

Well, this morning we had a long chat and it made me think about how I communicate with Him.

 I asked for prayers for friends, family, Zambia, people and animals who sleep in the cold, the little piggie that I know he created for me that my husband won't let me have, my sweet furry animals, patience for our crazy cat, and well, you know the normal stuff. Then I went in to a 20 minute "Thank you God" thing.  I Thank God in all my prayers, but today, I was just gushing about all this thanks that was inside and needed to be expressed. One thing lead to another, I missed my exit to work and the Thanks just kept going!

I must tell you, I felt like I had run a marathon with winged tennis shoes on, it was awesome! All the accomplishment of the finish line, and all I did was give thanks! I am thankful for some silly things (i.e. my cozy handmade winter sock/slipper thingys, my very cute new bracelet that I made, a tube of new lip therapy to make my kisser super soft for MR) and I am thankful for the obvious things (family, my awesome MR, my friends, LIFE, love, happiness, a brain) and then there are things I find very odd to be thankful for, but I am (loss, heartache, pain, perseverance).  He got the details, and in good AOR form, it took way longer than it should have b/c i have to explain everything (yes, even to God) and I ramble on and on and on and on...

I am going to try to have more "proper" convos with my Big Man Upstairs, but honestly, I think He will think I am crazy, which makes me think I am crazy b/c does God think any of us are crazy? Well, what I am trying to say is, say "Thank you" to God, to your neighbor, to your friend, to your family, to the lady who checks you out at the grocery, just say "thank you" with a smile, it will make you feel SO good!

I think this sums up what I am trying to say...


Source: etsy.com via Nicole on Pinterest


THANK YOU, and, keep in touch

footnote: I want to share this, b/c it is funny... today in my "chat" I asked God if I was dragging all this out a little too long and if he gets tired of listening to me, and I am sorry, I know you are busy, but I just gotta get all this out and if you want to send in someone to listen and give you the highlights later I will totally understand, but see blah blah blah...THEN I said this... God, you created me, you had to have seen this coming, RIGHT?

I love a God with a great sense of humor, how else could I have come to be if he did not...  xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment