Friday, July 4, 2014

Lusaka 2014

Here is where the exciting part of the journey begins! I am in Lusaka prepping Della's House with so many amazing friends and Zambian family. Tomorrow is the big day, we will move our 12 precious girls and 2 amazing house moms into their new forever home. Full of love, opportunity, laughter, hope, joy, and praise. As we prepare this structure to become a home, my heart is rejoicing for the sweet lives that Della will continue to touch. 
After a year of planning and hard work and prayer by so many, I am feeling infinitely blessed to be able to be here in Lusaka, to welcome these beautiful children home. 

To each of you who have so genrously helped us bring this to fruition, I will never be able to say thank you enough. You have impacted the lives of so many, the future of a young nation and myself. You have made a difference in ways I never expected to understand, but see so clearly now through your kind hearts. Thank you again, a million times over. 

It's the Fourth if July, we celebrated with fireworks and singing the National Anthem. It's was pretty awesome to be celebrating our independence as a Nation while also preparing a home of independence for our girls. 

I wish I could tease you with some sneak peeks of what the house looks like and all the neat stuff inside, but we worked till sundown and didn't get any pics. I will be sharing the house opening and lots of details soon. 

Erin, if you are reading this, we miss you desperately, it is really tough being here without you. So many times today, I have said, "I wish Erin were here" while we set up the house. I hope you will be happy with how we pull together your hard work and dedication to making this house spectacular! 

Keep in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment