Thursday, September 6, 2012

Good news, a few favors, and some rambling...




Let's start with the good news, well, it is actually GREAT news and I am so excited to share!

As you know I started this blog to share my experience in Zambia at Camp Life. I have said it over and over and I am going to say it again, and you will probably read it and hear me say it at least a million more times, I fell in LOVE in Zambia, head over heels, heart exploding, tear dripping, serious LOVE! Yes, I love my family, I love my husband, I love my dogs and, sometimes I even love Oliver the cat (rarely, bc he bites me and screams really loud, but sometimes), but my love in Zambia was like no other love I have ever experienced. Sometimes I lay in bed and think that I should have guarded my heart a little more while I was there so that I wouldn't have felt this love, because honestly, it can be a painful love! Some days I wake up and think, HOLY COW, how did I get so lucky to be put in a place so far away and share my joy with these children, how did I end up on the other side of the world and find a love that would weigh on me everyday, bring complete joy to my life and excruciating pain at the same time? WHY? HOW? I don't know the answers to all of that, but I am eternally grateful that I am asking the questions. Even if it hurts sometimes, I love the love I have for these children. I know, this is taking a while, but you are obviously still reading, so hear me out...

First off, if you have no idea why or what or who I was in Zambia with, check out this site:

Family Legacy

I had a terrible dream about Kennedy, I woke up crying, it was awful, I literally stopped in my tracks and begged God to protect him. I think it was just a dream, however, there have been some serious extra prayers going out for Kennedy. 

That being said, I drive to work in the morning thinking, my boys are sleeping, OH I hope the witches leave them alone tonight.  I am grocery shopping for food and it hits me like a brick wall, please let my boys have had food today. I lay in bed and think, it is afternoon there, I pray my boys are safe and no one is hurting them.  Honestly, I pray for all of them, but on certain days a certain boy will pop into my head and I always try to take a moment and ask God to protect that child, give them strength to survive and courage to keep trying.

Well, once again, my prayers have been answered! ALL six of my boys are

 sponsored! (see dad, I told you I could do it!!!) Kennedy, Tauria, Robert, Rabbi, Isaiac, Chola!!!! Each one will start school in January, each one will get a HEALTHY HOT lunch everyday, each one will go to a safe place and have people who care about their future guiding them, each one of my boys will have a fighting chance and be blessed with an education! HOLY COW! WOW! How awesome is that? I can not thank the folks who have found it in their hearts and pocket books to help these children, MY children, now THEIR children, THESE beautiful children!

I am not sure if you all realize, there are other kiddos in Zambia that need help, believe it or not, I didn't get the only 6 boys who need a sponsor!  I have another goal, Erin and Trish have children that need sponsors. Erin had Chola's (one of my boys) brother Francis in her group, he needs to go to school too! Erin had a tough group this year, 3 of her boys have already found homes in the Tree of Life orphanage b/c their situations were so terrible! The rest of her boys need to get to school!  Trish's girls need an education to become strong women in Zambia! They are all beautiful and deserving, they are so sweet and loving! Girls don't get much respect in Zambia, so many of these little jewels didn't know how special they are, an education will definitely help with that! SO... if your interested, let me know!! One child at a time, one life saved by you could make better and save the life of an entire family, a village, and quite possible a country. These children will be the future of Zambia, when they are shown compassion, they will show compassion.
Zambia is weighing so heavy on my heart and mind, I keep thinking that it will lighten up as the time goes by, but it just hasn't. I ask Matt at least once a day if I can go to Zambia tomorrow and stay for a few months, maybe we could just move there. Don't worry folks, although I would LOVE to do that, I can't leave my husband, and he hasn't agreed to go, something about work and money and blah blah blah. I will keep nagging asking him, he is stubborn, but I am persistent, and I keep thinking I am more persistent than he is stubborn.  stay tuned!

Good news is, he has agreed to me going back for camp, I will be back in Zambia, maybe not for months at a time like I want, but I am planning on going back next summer. I have already started gathering things for donations and gifts for my kiddos!

Did I hear you say, "OH, I would like to help with that". Well hot dog, you CAN!!!

Here are a few things I am trying to do, and if you would like to help me, that would be awesome! They need so much at the Tree of Life homes (that is where children who have been orphaned or abandoned live full time), so if you could help me get supplies that would be awesome, and my ideas are all totally free!
When you go to the dentist, ask them for the free toothbrush and toothpaste!
When you stay in a hotel, take the free soap and toothpaste!
When you go out to eat and your kids get crayons, take them home!
If you go to a conference and there are pencils, grab a few!
If you are cleaning out your kids closets and have balls or bows let me know!!!
You get the idea, right? If you don't mind having a bag/box at your house that you can toss these gifts in, I will gather things closer to my trip in June, but the kids would be so happy for these simple gifts! I can not describe in words the complete excitement and gratitude we received from the children when they saw their gifts. It is greater any joy I have ever seen.

Some of you have asked me about one time donations, and I have really been thinking about this. Trish, Erin and I talked about raising money for a specific purpose in Zambia, a school, clinic, home etc. we haven't landed on one particular thing, but the idea is there and I hope we will figure something out soon. So if you will hold on to your generous donations, I will keep you posted on what the plan is. If you have a strong desire to make a donation now, I would ask you to make it for use at the school in Chaisa. That is where all of our kids will be going in January, and
I know they can use the funds!

donate here


Thank you, MR, thank you Mom and Dad, thank you Kim, thank you Mr & Mrs H, thank you Bunny, THANK YOU!!!!
keep in touch ~a


No comments:

Post a Comment