Monday, September 10, 2012

9.11


 
I don't know about you, but I always have a hard time wrapping my head around this day. I can not tell you with 100% certainty where I was on most of the days I have been alive, however, 9.11 is burned in my mind (probably like most everyone else). 

I didn't know anyone personally in the Towers, but my heart still pains for them and their families and friends.
 
I didn't know anyone on the flights, but I get the chills every time I think about what they must have felt when they knew what was about to happen.
 
I am going to switch up my thought process of 9.11, I am going to try to be nice to as many people as I can, partly to shrug off the feeling of what a selfish, terrible act that took place several years ago, and partly because, you never know if a little bit of kindness or a smile might stop someone you cross paths with from doing something they might regret later. SO for all you folks reading my blog (yes, I realize there are only a handful ((thank you Wanda, Mom, Dad and Tiff)) yes, I lost Matt, he doesn't keep up with me anymore) Okay, so for ALL you folks that read my blog, for me, be nice to one person you may have otherwise passed by. Simple, open a door, smile, let that car pass you and smile, give a granola bar to the panhandler, I don't know, just a little act... I think it could be contagious! AND as a nation, on this day, I think we could all use a smile or a tid bit of generosity.
 
 
keep in touch ~a
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment